Pulmonary Embolism at 25

Thursday, December 28, 2006

On the Road Again

All is beginning to be well again in my world. Chaos is starting to be in order. Hooray! Here I am, blogging away, trying to hide myself from the mountains of homework I have to catch up on. I am not joking when I say mountains! My accounting textbook alone probably weights thirty pounds!

While I am here on Blogger today, I would like to thank my colleagues at MIPH for being so supportive and thoughtful while I have been ill. All of their/your kindness has been very helpful in my recovery. It feels so good knowing that I work with such caring individuals. Thanks to all of you!

I started back at work last week and had a short week before the Christmas holiday. It was very tiresome, but I plugged my way through it. It helped that I had dozens of Christmas cookies and presents awaiting my arrival! I went in to the INR Clinic on Friday just before Christmas and tested at 2.3 for my INR levels. That is the highest it has been since this whole ordeal started! That is good news because my dosage of Coumadin might be at a good level and I may not need anymore dosage tweaking.

I went up to my parents home, in Bigfork, for the holiday. It was so nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Mom and I baked most of the weekend while the guys went out ice fishing. I was able to take the 26th off and literally laid on my couch all day. What a great weekend!

Now that reality really truly is starting to set back in, I have been deciding whether or not to attend college full time or part time. At first I thought my student loans would get messed up but then found out today that it would be okay if I toned down my attendance. Part of me says, hell you can do it, than the other part says, yikes slow down! So, I will wait until Tuesday next week to decide (my first class starts then).

On a lighter note, tomorrow is weigh-in day at Fatties (Weight Watchers). I started WW back in October and have been losing weight at a progressively slow pace. What else do you expect when I barely have enough time to breathe! So I am curious to find out if I made some progress during this whole ordeal! Dustin bought me a scale for Christmas (don't worry, I asked for it). I have been weighing myself every day in hopes that I can feel the difference I am seeing. :) I hope to get my 10 pound star tomorrow. That will mean I am only 9 more pounds away from my goal weight. Glad I got a jumpstart on all the New Year's WW members! Thanks for the support Vixen!

My mom tested last week for the two genetic mutation tests I tested positive on. She tested negative for both. Great news Mom! That is good for Mom and also could be good for me too. I don't know if my father will test or not. Either way, I will retest in 6 months. I could have had false-positive tests or could be testing positive from my dad's side of the family. Only time will tell. Now that I know Mom tested negative, I can cross my fingers for the 50% chance Dad will test negative or that I will test negative in 6 months. If I do, I will not have to be on Coumadin for life. Oh, one can't be too hopeful, can they?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home